The Steering Committee of Whatcom Housing Alliance will provide strategic direction to the alliance’s activities to help achieve more housing choices within all neighborhoods in the region. The Steering Committee seeks to represent all major constituencies in its membership. The term for committee members will be three years. Committee members may serve a maximum of two consecutive terms and can only be re-elected to the committee after a period of one year from the end of their last term.
Currently, the major tasks of the Steering Committee are to:
· Adopt and support the goal and purposes of the alliance;
· Provide strategic guidance, vision, and oversight;
· Identify education, technical assistance, and advocacy priorities to advance alliance objectives;
· Seek to ensure that Whatcom Housing Alliance is not unnecessarily duplicating other’s work, but rather complements that work through community collaboration and engagement; and
· Identify key gaps in engagement with allied and affected groups.